This page is an attempt to remediate the lack of a single organized repository of information on groups and resources specific to and of interest to bisexual people of color. This is a rough first draft, and therefore is not intended to be comprehensive, and is not optimally organized. This is intended to be a selective and topically focused subset of the resources listed elsewhere on this site.
Prominent Bi People of Color[edit | edit source]
Incomplete! Please improve and expand! Note: Lack of a URL only means the author was not immediately able to locate a site for the person in question. In no particular order. List compiled by multiple people. If someone is not on this list and should be, add them. Descriptions are painfully inadequate, missing when the author didn't know right off the bat and didn't have time to research.
- Lani Ka'ahumanu - Author, activist, poet, educator, organizer. Co-editor of the ground breaking anthology Bi Any Other Name.
- Amy Andre
- Juba Kalamka - musician, co-founder of pioneering queer hip hop act, Deep Dickollective.
- Elias Farajaje-Jones
- Irshad Manji and on on MySpace
- Magdalen Hsu-Li
- Robin Mills
- Sean Graham - comedian
- Louisa McBee - musician
- The B Word Poet and on MySpace
- Robin Renee and on MySpace
- Margaret Cho
- Frida Kahlo
- Bessie Smith
- Ma Rainey
- Alice Walker
- Rebecca Walker
- Cecilia Tan - Erotic writer/activist
- Faith Cheltenham - blogger
- Mimi Gonzalez
- Evelyn Mantilla
- June Jordan
- Luigi Ferrar
Cultural[edit | edit source]
Musical groups, artists, literary groups, the like.
- Sean Graham: Leader of the Chucklenauts
- Louisa McBee Light - pop, trip-hop, electronica
- Salvimex - hip hop, rap, latin music
- Deep Dickollective - pioneering homohop group
- Black Bi Women Project, MySpace - book project
- Robin Renee- singer/songwriter